Getting through the day…
February 3, 2011 § Leave a comment
Lately, I’ve been finding it hard to get through the work day.
Winter is our slowest season, and I find my desk unusually bare. Most of the projects have been wrapped up, and the clients’ files have been stored away in a cabinet for “future reference” (dust collectors). I find myself waiting for the phone to ring…the same constant ringing that drove me absolutely nuts over the summer. Where did everyone go?
All this silence and boredom has made me appreciate the little things that happen each day. These are a few things that happened this week that “made my day”:
- Finding a “loose” Hot Tamale in my purse after I thought I had eaten them all. (I’m slightly addicted to these…)
- Receiving an e-mail from a friend and former co-worker about my loud phone voice (I really can’t help it).
- Going out for lunch with my dad.
- Getting a new coffee maker in the office that doesn’t evaporate all the water and make SOOPA STRONG coffee!
- Taking 15 minute breaks every couple of hours to read a blog, and be inspired!
- Reading an e-mail from the boyfriend that’s not about winning a lunch time poker game, or being sick and wanting to “spread the love”. (Okay, this hasn’t happened yet, but it doesn’t hurt to have a little hope!)
It might not sound like much, but it really helps me make it to Friday without going stir crazy!
PS- Check out Julie’s 7 Days of Hot Chocolate! It’s the perfect way to wrap up a long, hard day at work!
What are some things that “made your day” this week?